FL Studio Courses, FL Studio Lessons, FL Studio Books & FL Studio Podcast › Forums › Questions › How to Setup Oxygen Pro 49 in FL Studio › Reply To: How to Setup Oxygen Pro 49 in FL Studio
Hi Celia! Thank-you so much for being a member!
As discussed in our emails, the M-Audio Oxygen Pro (Review) is the MIDI Keyboard I recommend (and I’m glad you got the Oxygen Pro!!)
Here’s some resources I have to get the Oxygen Pro setup in FL Studio:
- Oxygen Pro Video Series – This helps the user understand what a MIDI Keyboard is, why the Oxygen Pro is a great MIDI Keyboard for FL Studio, and how to setup the Oxygen Pro for FL Studio usage. It breaks down the FREE MIDI Script, and additional premium add-on (if you want that).
- Oxygen Pro FREE MIDI Script – Out of the box, the LOOP Button of the Oxygen Pro was not the default operation of what I know a MIDI Keyboard to be in FL Studio. (The FL Studio MIDI Script gets that set up).
- Update Oxygen Pro Firmware – If you just bought your Oxygen Pro, it may be on an old firmware. I don’t think it’s necessary to update, as I didn’t experience any bugs.
- Premium Oxygen Pro Preset (Add-On) – Sets Oxygen Pro to External, sets knobs/sliders to proper MIDI specs (and changes drum pad colors over banks), and V2 allows for a cool hands-on workflow!
Here’s step-by-step details for how to set up the M-Audio Oxygen Pro for FL Studio.
- The M-Audio Oxygen Pro doesn’t have drivers, but best practice is to install drivers first for any hardware you plug into your music production computer!
- Set Oxygen Pro TEMPO SYNC to External – There’s two ways
- (Best way) – Create a template that sets tempo to EXTERNAL, then load the template into the Oxygen Pro with the M-Audio Oxygen Pro Preset Editor
- (Easy/Annoying way) – Hold TEMPO SYNC on Oxygen Pro, set EXTERNAL.. but has to be done each time turn off/on the keyboard.
- Install FREE Oxygen Pro MIDI Script – This gets the transport buttons setup in FL Studio (particularly the LOOP button) – Transport buttons are “Play, Stop, Record, etc”.
- In FL Studio’s Settings (F10), under “Input”, make sure to enable:
- Oxygen Pro 49
- MIDIIN3 (Oxygen Pro 49)
- MIDIIN3 should have the free MIDI Script loaded
- The premium Oxygen Pro add-on does most of this stuff for you, which is why I created it to make things easy. (Plus the new hands-on features!)
This video literally shows step-by-step how to install everything and get up-and-running the the Oxygen Pro in FL Studio:
PLEASE RESPOND BACK WITH YOUR QUESTIONS!
This is a tricky keyboard to setup for someone brand-new to music production, but once setup, it works REALLY GOOD in FL Studio!