Essential Gear Needed to Make Beats
Essential Core Beatmaking Gear
- What to Know About Your DAW
- All About Sounds and Instruments
- What’s Important in a MIDI Keyboard
- The Juicy Details on Audio Interfaces
- Select the Right Speaker for Your Studio
- The Audio Cables Needed for a Home Studio
- Building a Custom Computer for Music Production [INTRO]
- [1/2] Building a Custom Computer for Music Production
- [2/2] Building a Custom Computer for Music Production
[BONUS] - Studio Tools which Improve Workflow + Provide Comfort
- Multiple Monitors, Exponential Workflow
- Are Headphones Necessary in Your Home Studio
- Very Useful Adapters and Connections to Have
- Basic Overview of Microphones
- Helpful Microphone Stand Tricks
- Organized Desktop Pullout Keyboard Tray
- Subwoofer Connections Overview
- Less Gear, Less Headaches [Course Outro]
Problem with the page? - Contact me!
Multiple Monitors, Exponential WorkflowGet a Full Membership - 30-Day Money Back Guarantee.
Speed Up Your Workflow Exponentially!
Multiple computer monitors allow you to be more productive and stay focused.
Even as I write this, I’m using three computer monitors. (One for writing, one for seeing how it looks on this website, then another for code/research of products I’ve been sharing with you throughout these lessons.)
Even when it comes to FL Studio, you won’t feel you have to close every window.
Back in the day, I used to have a four monitor set-up. (But two monitors minimum will help you tremendously.)
This was the ultimate set-up because I could have one screen for my mixer, one screen for the playlist, one screen for the step sequencer, and then one screen for any VSTs/plugin windows.
Here’s what I suggest in a monitor:
- Make sure all monitors are the same size. (If not, dragging windows around from monitor to monitor gets annoying because of different screen size.)
- Bigger screens allow more content to be shown.
I don’t have any recommended brands etc, but you can start looking here on Amazon.
(If you’re not yet a member, you can click here to enroll into a membership.)